Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Toonami Fan. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
April 01st, 2008: Mac's Rev 11 Open Letter
Topic Started: Apr 1 2008, 10:58 PM (1,898 Views)
Nick
Member Avatar
Founder and Major Domo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It may be the first of April, but Mac isn't fooling around at all. Check out what he has to say to Cartoon Network.

http://www.toonamifan.com/toonamimacopenletter.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

macattack
Member Avatar
Watch Your Head.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, uh, heh heh . . . I suppose I was channeling my inner Jeff Harris there.

In case anyone's wondering why I'm comparing Guardian of the Spirit to Outlaw Star, I think that Guardian can set precedents for storytelling and characterization for Toonami programs, along with pushing action and censorship boundaries in new ways. This echoes what Outlaw Star did in a lot of ways back in 2001.

echo
Member Avatar
Lurker
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is this what you sent to CN? Nice letter btw.

Daikun
Member Avatar
Revolutionary
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

But really, there was no reason for the redesign whatsoever.

10th birthday?

billyarnie
Member Avatar
3... TOM 3!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Daikun
Apr 2 2008, 01:55 AM
Quote:

But really, there was no reason for the redesign whatsoever.

10th birthday?

Yes, but they could have done better. I think from Sean Akins' enthusiasm in the "Toonami - Behind The Scenes" video on CN Video & YouTube, he was pumped to have the money to do a redesign. Not mentioned, however, is that the redesign was meant to shift the demographic. IMHO & unless Akins or a CN insider confirms it, CN gave him enough money to redesign the packaging, but Not Enough to create continuity from the TOM 3 universe to the TOM 4 universe.
Which, besides the "Tooguzification" that gave us TOM-ass the Toonami Engine & Friends, angers the Older fanbase the Most. Akins, DeMarco & the Toonami side of Williams Street set the bar high. They spoiled us for seeing a mini-series every time TOM was upgraded or reinvented. True, there was no continuity between Moltar at Ghost Planet Industries & TOM 1 on the GPS Absolution, but they admitted a link even in TOM 1's early days. It was confirmed by TOM 4 with 3 words: "I remember Moltar".
BTW, Excellent article, macattack! CN's problem is they started with the 6-11 demographic in 1997. The 2004 shift acknowledged the base was getting older, but Mar. 17, 2007 (as far as I'm concerned, "The Day That Lives in Infamy") tried to turn back the clock & make Toonami more like a space "Miguzi". Bad Idea, Cartoon Network. BAD IDEA!

tytheartist
Member Avatar
Future Animator & Innovator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Genius. Pure and Simple.

Zera
Member Avatar
Crusader of Justice
[ *  * ]
Great letter I must say. My sister and I wrote a letter to Toonami and mailed it not too long ago. Letters like ours can possibly make an impact on the block we grew up on. Never give up!

billyarnie
Member Avatar
3... TOM 3!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zera
Apr 2 2008, 09:51 AM
My sister and I wrote a letter to Toonami and mailed it not too long ago. Letters like ours can possibly make an impact on the block we grew up on. Never give up!

Thank you, Zera! And especially thank your sister!! This old geezer can get frustrated at times, but with your faithfulness, The Battle Continues... Never give up! If we do, Cartoon Network, Turner & The Emperor AKA Time Warner wins... A little Star Wars reference here...

Toonami is good... TOM 4 is lame, IMHO, but he IS still TOM... so far... Sorry, Flash, but D is Da Man! "You happy now."

Zera
Member Avatar
Crusader of Justice
[ *  * ]
Was the letter sent to Toonami or CN? Just want to be sure. My letter went to Toonami

macattack
Member Avatar
Watch Your Head.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Um, I don't know how the misconception was made, but this is NOT the letter that was sent to CN. The one I actually sent stayed close to Revolution 11's core principles and not much else, other than suggesting that Clone Wars would definitely help the ratings. I knew that something like what's on the open letter won't make it past the third sentence before it has a date with the shredder.

But I'm certain at this point that Toonami and CN knows of the site's existence because of Fan's link to TICA so it might still get read by them. Best of all, it stays up, there's no way they can remove this particular letter's presence.

The letter is not meant to usurp Jeff Harris' principles when it comes to Revolution 11 and I do suggest NOT sending something as fiery as my open letter there.

tarhaun
No Avatar
Did somone say "chimichanga"?
[ *  *  *  * ]
you know,as i was reading your article,there was only one thing that came to my mind: MAC'S A GUY?!?!??!?!?!?

Zera
Member Avatar
Crusader of Justice
[ *  * ]
macattack
Apr 2 2008, 08:33 PM
Um, I don't know how the misconception was made, but this is NOT the letter that was sent to CN. The one I actually sent stayed close to Revolution 11's core principles and not much else, other than suggesting that Clone Wars would definitely help the ratings. I knew that something like what's on the open letter won't make it past the third sentence before it has a date with the shredder.

But I'm certain at this point that Toonami and CN knows of the site's existence because of Fan's link to TICA so it might still get read by them. Best of all, it stays up, there's no way they can remove this particular letter's presence.

The letter is not meant to usurp Jeff Harris' principles when it comes to Revolution 11 and I do suggest NOT sending something as fiery as my open letter there.

Oh that good because I was about to say that your "letter was a bit aggresive. But thats good since I followed the guidelines as well. Still a good article though.

billyarnie
Member Avatar
3... TOM 3!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zera
Apr 2 2008, 03:27 PM
Was the letter sent to Toonami or CN? Just want to be sure. My letter went to Toonami

Zera, I hope you & your daughter wrote more than a letter to Toonami. Will Cartoon Network probably get it? Yes. Jeff's goals are to provide moral support to Toonami and to knock on Cartoon Network & Turner's doors to say: Wake Up, People! Rants will be ignored, but constructive criticism may be listened to...

Zera
Member Avatar
Crusader of Justice
[ *  * ]
billyarnie
Apr 2 2008, 10:34 PM
Zera
Apr 2 2008, 03:27 PM

Zera, I hope you & your daughter wrote more than a letter to Toonami. Will Cartoon Network probably get it? Yes. Jeff's goals are to provide moral support to Toonami and to knock on Cartoon Network & Turner's doors to say: Wake Up, People! Rants will be ignored, but constructive criticism may be listened to...

I think you mean my sister

macattack
Member Avatar
Watch Your Head.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
tarhaun
Apr 2 2008, 10:00 PM
you know,as i was reading your article,there was only one thing that came to my mind: MAC'S A GUY?!?!??!?!?!?

Getting mistaken for a girl on various forums is getting old.

Zera

Oh that good because I was about to say that your "letter was a bit aggresive. But thats good since I followed the guidelines as well. Still a good article though.

Heh, yeah it is aggressive. But I tried to make good points and not be entirely critical (I even praised them for Bakugan's money-making prowess). I'm not an overly negative person most of the time and I do try to search for silver linings . . . unless I am infuriated.

Calus
Member Avatar
DJ Calus
[ *  *  * ]
If it makes you feel better, I always thought you were a dude, dude.

Nick
Member Avatar
Founder and Major Domo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mackenzie...I guess it could be a girl's name; I always understood you to be a guy, for some reason.

tarhaun
No Avatar
Did somone say "chimichanga"?
[ *  *  *  * ]
macattack
Apr 3 2008, 02:10 AM
tarhaun
Apr 2 2008, 10:00 PM

Getting mistaken for a girl on various forums is getting old.

it nots my fault if you see my username you know i'm a guy

billyarnie
Member Avatar
3... TOM 3!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zera
Apr 2 2008, 06:52 PM
billyarnie
Apr 2 2008, 10:34 PM

Zera, I hope you & your daughter wrote more than a letter to Toonami.

I think you mean my sister

OOPS! My Bad... :wacko:

macattack
Member Avatar
Watch Your Head.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The strange part is that every Mackenzie I've met happen to be girls. :blink:

Then again, if Lindsay can be a boy's name I guess so can Mackenzie.

« Previous Topic · Article Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply