Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Toonami Fan. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
April 21st, 2008: Cartoon Network vs. Toonami
Topic Started: Apr 21 2008, 02:47 PM (1,940 Views)
Nick
Member Avatar
Founder and Major Domo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Eric debuts with a look at the motives behind CN's manhandling of its former darling.

http://www.toonamifan.com/toonamivscn.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tarhaun
No Avatar
Did somone say "chimichanga"?
[ *  *  *  * ]
so what you're saying is,CN screwed toonami,right?

echo
Member Avatar
Lurker
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked this article, 4-and a half-stars. :)

tytheartist
Member Avatar
Future Animator & Innovator
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally remember the O!

Rizwan the Captive Member
Member Avatar
I'm Not Into Labels...the First
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good article, Eric.

Linkpre
No Avatar
Crewer
[ *  *  * ]
Interesting article.

Thing I don't understand is why? Why are they trying to get rid of Toonami, a block that's been with the network for over ten years. It survived the toughest times and it really did little to no harm to Cartoon Network in general.

One thing that get me alittle frustated is that CN has all the materials to make Toonami shine again. There are alot of interesting action shows coming all over the world. I also believe Toonami always could have served as a bridge btwn Cartoon Network programs and [adult swim] programs.

I'm justing hoping the new action block is Toonami related and the brand gets rebooted into something special again.

Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was thinking that too, Linkpre. If CN has the resources, why won't they restore Toonami to its former glory? But I guess it's like Eric said, CN can just choose to ignore Toonami in its current state, which they put it in.

Sketch
No Avatar
Crewer
[ *  *  * ]
First of all... Gundam SEED? Successful? What?

Moving on...

Good article.

I actually have never given a thought towards the new administration deciding to push asside what the guys before them accomplished and thus give Toonami the finger but it makes a lot of sense. So bravo on that insight. The current heads want the new Friday night block to be the buzz not "tired out old Toonami". What a shame.

Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Indeed, quite a shame.

echo
Member Avatar
Lurker
[ *  *  *  * ]
Random Q, but... which person on these boards is eric?( yes, I don't know)

Nick
Member Avatar
Founder and Major Domo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure either. He may not have an account.

jayngfet
Member Avatar
Revolutionary
[ *  *  *  * ]
tarhaun
Apr 21 2008, 08:44 PM

it needed to be said?

tarhaun
No Avatar
Did somone say "chimichanga"?
[ *  *  *  * ]
jayngfet
Apr 25 2008, 09:23 PM
tarhaun
Apr 21 2008, 08:44 PM

it needed to be said?

yes it needed to be said.

macattack
Member Avatar
Watch Your Head.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I will say this: Love the image where Hamtaro is in the path of Gene's Caster gun. :lol:

Okay, I'll actually say more.

Despite that questionable Gundam SEED comment (successful? Huh?) Eric raises a lot of good points. The recent actions made by CN in regard to Toonami does seem to suggest a phase-out is in effect, and attempting a fade-away instead of a sudden cancelation would make sense, given the current administration.

Remember that Jim Samples, Robert Sorcher's predecessor, promised that as long he was in charge that Toonami would stay on the network and CN would continue to pick up anime.

Since Sorcher took over, he's done practically none of that other than picking up a merch-seller (Bakugan) and an overedited generic fantasy piece (Blue Dragon), and the latter airs on Toonami largely as an afterthought. Not to mention the halved block we have been saddled with for six months (that long already?)

Of course, that's only part of the story (Ben 10 and Transformers should have Toonami spots), but I doubt we'll ever hear the full story. The best we can do is theorize and wait to see what happens next.

Nick
Member Avatar
Founder and Major Domo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I will say this: Love the image where Hamtaro is in the path of Gene's Caster gun. laugh.gif

Thanks. :D "Fried hamstah!!!! Tastes like chicken!"

Sketch
No Avatar
Crewer
[ *  *  * ]
Bob Higgins is the bloke who promised that anime would always be on Toonami and Toonami would be on CN forever. I don't believe Samples said anything to that effect.

« Previous Topic · Article Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply