Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Bugsite translation patch; Download!
Topic Started: Mar 6 2009, 06:16 AM (5,992 Views)
Sanky
Member Avatar
Also known as Sanqui // Strong beam of light sent out from the huge hollow ahead
LATEST PATCH VERSION - v26 - http://sanky.rustedlogic.net/etc/BugsitePatchv26.ips

Original post below.

It's here.

The Bugsite translation patch.

Click here for screenshots.

Translated names are translated, the rest is just romanized.

I found various ways to increase space for text, so I didn't have to use pointers yet. This game uses it's own obscure way anyways.

Download patch version 19 here. Apply to a clear Bugsite Beta rom.

Please note there wasn't an lowercase i character, so I had to add it, overwriting the only free space, because everything looked just too weird. Plus there's lowercase j and k missing, but that's nothing major.
However, it's still possible that a capital i is used somewhere where it shouldn't. Please report that.
... please report all mistakes D:

Please mind Kimbles did all the translating! XD

E: Old screenshots and version here. Please see the latest post.
Edited by Sanky, Feb 2 2014, 12:59 PM.

GET ON THE TULUNK VILLAGE DISCORD!
Here's how!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
v16?! Sounds like you guys have been busy. :)

Anything you need help with? It would be good to have a list of things we have left to do in order to finish off all of the menus and non-dialogue text. A character table would also help.

Sorry, but I am itching to help out.
If I say that I am going to do something and I don't get around to it then please remind me.

Sanky
Member Avatar
Also known as Sanqui // Strong beam of light sent out from the huge hollow ahead
Yeah, I'm saving lots of versions to avoid breaking and having to redo things XD

We started at one location and Kimbles translated houndreds of things down from there. I guess I have located almost all text from the game, it just needs to be translated. Woo!

Sorry, here's the chartable for Windhex. It was a pain to make D:
It may be missing some things and/or having something more. For example, the Yen Ľ symbol is at the exact same font location as in the game, but works only as a new line D: (so I replaced the 円 kanji to it).
.. that makes no sense, nevermind D:

There's nothing much you could do, stuff just has to get translated. But if you can help, by all means, do! XD Thanks.

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Well is sounds like an easier game to translate than Telefang. *drools over 10-char name limit*
If I say that I am going to do something and I don't get around to it then please remind me.

Sanky
Member Avatar
It's actually 16-char name limit, but it causes minor graphic errors, so... XD

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
I am wondering, wouldn't it be better to use "Fight" or "Hit" instead of "Attck"?

Sanky
Member Avatar
I already used fight when you start a battle (fight/flee/auto), and it was a different word here (meaning attack).

About the patch, well, Kimbles got more stuff translated, but we ran out of space in one dialogue \:
So far, I only replaced the Japanese with the translation, using as much as shortcuts I could without shortening it, but..
I should upload the newest version.

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
May 24 2009, 10:47 PM
I already used fight when you start a battle (fight/flee/auto), and it was a different word here (which means attack).

If there isn't a 5-char limit on "Fight" (from fight/flee/auto) then I would suggest changing it to "Engage".

Sanky
Member Avatar
There is. I even added more characters by shortening the new line from three to two characters by just removing the middle one o.O

Plus it actually says fight D:

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
May 24 2009, 10:50 PM
Plus it actually says fight D:

"Engage" means basically the same thing, but it is more appropriate in this context.

Maybe I can work out a way to fit in an extra character for the word "attack".

Sanky
Member Avatar
andwhyisit
May 24 2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe I can work out a way to fit in an extra character for the word "attack".

Well you could remove one from "Wait". But, it would overflow...

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Mar 7 2009, 12:16 AM
However, it's still possible that a capital i is used somewhere where it shouldn't. Please report that.

Capital I report:
The bid option under guardian's market is currently written as "BId".

Sanky
Member Avatar
Haha, thanks. I'll fix it when I return home... *adds to to-do list*

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Capital I reports:
- The attack "Kick" is written as "KIcK".
- Teleport location names are littered with I-related miscapitalisations. I could get a screenshot of it if needs be.

Sanky
Member Avatar
Teleport location names? So that's where the text is used! Kimbles translated it, but we didn't figure out where it belongs to (it's not the map anyways), so I didn't bother fixing the Is. I'm not that far in the game, so I can't teleport yet.

Anyways, yeah, the screenshot, please ? :O

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Jun 9 2009, 11:32 PM
Teleport location names? So that's where the text is used! Kimbles translated it, but we didn't figure out where it belongs to (it's not the map anyways), so I didn't bother fixing the Is. I'm not that far in the game, so I can't teleport yet.

Anyways, yeah, the screenshot, please ? :o

After beating the Air Zone (Ruger) you are taken back to the Real World, given a few cutscenes, then all Bugsite access points everywhere just die on ya. Returning to the Ruger access point and talking to the people there will get you an item that can teleport you to anywhere you have already been in Bugsite or to the Real World.

I'll get some screenshots for you later today (in my time zone that is).

Sanky
Member Avatar
Okay, here's Bugsite translation patch version 19.
There is some more stuff Kimbles translated in, other then what Andwhy noted, but I don't quite remember what. Oh well XD
(oh, and what your mom says at the beginning is cut in half - don't mind that please, I can't quite figure out what to do with it yet)

Oh, and Andwhy, could you please help me get further in the game? XD I got kinda stuck in the first Sting area... I was in the cafe or whatever, then I returned and I can't go back in there, and I talked to everyone and couldn't figure out what to do.

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Jun 11 2009, 04:55 AM
Okay, here's Bugsite translation patch version 19.
There is some more stuff Kimbles translated in, other then what Andwhy noted, but I don't quite remember what. Oh well XD
(oh, and what your mom says at the beginning is cut in half - don't mind that please, I can't quite figure out what to do with it yet)

Yay! :D

Sanky
Jun 11 2009, 04:55 AM
Oh, and Andwhy, could you please help me get further in the game? XD I got kinda stuck in the first Sting area... I was in the cafe or whatever, then I returned and I can't go back in there, and I talked to everyone and couldn't figure out what to do.

Cafe? Do you mean in the resort area? Are you inside the building?

To exit the main building in the resort area you need to go to the exit at the bottom (it's blue), hit the "A" button, go though some dialogue, then choose "yes".

To enter the building I would recommend going to the blue square in the middle of the resort area and using the "A" button.

Seriously I am pulling answers out of a hat here because I have no idea what you are trying to ask. :blink: A screenshot, save file, or a more detailed description would be nice.

I really need to get around to making that bugsite guide.

Sanky
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Uh, I'm here. I did something in there (my memory sucks, sorry), then I returned and I can't go back. I've talked to everyone but nothing happened. Any help? D:
Sorry I can't support a more detailed description ):

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Jun 11 2009, 11:14 PM
Posted Image
Uh, I'm here. I did something in there (my memory sucks, sorry), then I returned and I can't go back. I've talked to everyone but nothing happened. Any help? D:
Sorry I can't support a more detailed description ):

Have you checked to see if you obtained any new passwords? If you have then I would recommend using them at the Sting site gate to access the other three Sting servers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Smilesoft/Rocket - Hacking · Next Topic »
Add Reply