Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Thinking of reproducing the Guardian website...
Topic Started: Jun 1 2009, 03:25 PM (2,545 Views)
andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
..as an actual 600 pixel wide online website. The differences in sizes are hard to work around, but I think I can do this. I will most likely be showing pictures of my progress as I go. At the moment I am working on making the homepage work with the new page size as much as possible and reproducing the logos for Jank, Ruger, FE, Sting, and Tahiro in vectors.

And this is the part where I ask for help. Can anyone by any chance get me the player guide Bug pictures? Whether or not they are in greyscale or colour isn't an issue, as long as it is consistent across all images. I will most likely be needing them for the bug pages later on.

Thanks.
If I say that I am going to do something and I don't get around to it then please remind me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kimbles
Member Avatar
For the bright future!!
...This is such an awesome idea. XD

By anyone I assume you mean me? XD I can definitely work on that tomorrow, since I had a couple pages started... Sanky made a page for the cut-out pictures, but I don't have the link right now. *nod* The guide pictures are actually all in colour, which is really neat. XD I look forward to seeing the site~

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Kimbles,Jun 2 2009
03:20 PM
...This is such an awesome idea. XD

Thanks.

anyone,Jun 2 2009
By anyone I assume you mean me? XD

Maaaayybe. :lol:

Kimbles,Jun 2 2009
I can definitely work on that tomorrow, since I had a couple pages started... Sanky made a page for the cut-out pictures, but I don't have the link right now. *nod* The guide pictures are actually all in colour, which is really neat. XD

Thanks. ^_^

Kimbles,Jun 2 2009
I look forward to seeing the site~

Well this is what I have figured out so far:
Posted Image
Edited by andwhyisit, Jun 28 2017, 07:00 AM.
If I say that I am going to do something and I don't get around to it then please remind me.

Blaziken257
Member Avatar
In severe illness!
What's the Guardian? Is it your site? Anyway, nice start! BTW, 600 pixels is awfully small in my opinion. No matter what monitor you use, there will be lots of unused space!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Blaziken257
Jun 3 2009, 04:25 AM
What's the Guardian? Is it your site?

Something tells me that you haven't played Bugsite. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Blaziken257
Anyway, nice start! BTW, 600 pixels is awfully small in my opinion.

It is one hell of an improvement over the original 144 pixels wide. :lol:

Blaziken257
No matter what monitor you use, there will be lots of unused space!

Yeah but that would have happened regardless due to a lack of content to fill the gaps. This way I can fill the void with fancy backgrounds. :D

Blaziken257
Member Avatar
In severe illness!
I played Bugsite, but I couldn't figure out what to do after 10 minutes of playing it due to the language barrier. So yeah, I never saw that in-game site.

Also, you seemed to have made a typo in the first yellow box. The second to last character should be い, not り.

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Blaziken257,Jun 3 2009
04:34 PM
I played Bugsite, but I couldn't figure out what to do after 10 minutes of playing it due to the language barrier. So yeah, I never saw that in-game site.

Maybe I should make a basic guide to playing Bugsite? I am very much obsessed with Bugsite at the moment so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Blaziken257,Jun 3 2009
04:34 PM
Also, you seemed to have made a typo in the first yellow box. The second to last character should be い, not り.

Dammit. I knew there was something wrong with that character the moment I put it in.

EDIT:
Posted Image
Edited by andwhyisit, Jun 28 2017, 07:00 AM.

Sanky
Member Avatar
Also known as Sanqui // Strong beam of light sent out from the huge hollow ahead
http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/bugs
Here you go.
There's only a small portion of Bugs, I was waiting for Kimbles to scan more. I'll finish it later, right now I'm ripping the Denjuu pictures.

By the way, AWESOME.

GET ON THE TULUNK VILLAGE DISCORD!
Here's how!

Blaziken257
Member Avatar
In severe illness!
andwhyisit
Jun 3 2009, 12:21 AM
Blaziken257
Jun 3 2009, 04:34 PM

Maybe I should make a basic guide to playing Bugsite? I am very much obsessed with Bugsite at the moment so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Yeah, that would help a lot. I think Zephyr suggested the same thing as well. That way people who don't know Japanese know how to play the game...

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Jun 4 2009, 05:14 AM
http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/bugs
Here you go.
There's only a small portion of Bugs, I was waiting for Kimbles to scan more. I'll finish it later, right now I'm ripping the Denjuu pictures.

By the way, AWESOME.

Is it possible to focus on the FE Bugs? I want to try and finish the FE pages.

Also what year is it in the game?

Sanky
Member Avatar
Also known as Sanqui // Strong beam of light sent out from the huge hollow ahead
Well it is kinda sorted alphabetically (or kanatically), so I can't really choose what to rip first /:

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Sanky
Jun 22 2009, 03:21 PM
Well it is kinda sorted alphabetically (or kanatically), so I can't really choose what to rip first /:

Well is it possible to get a scan of Grava for personal reasons? I really wanna know Grava's colour scheme.

Kimbles
Member Avatar
For the bright future!!
Alright, here you go. XD
Bugsite guide bug pages (full size)

They're in japanese alphabetical order, which goes a-k-s-t-n-h-m-y-r-w, and a-i-u-e-o for each. *nod* At least it has the decency to write the numbers too, which the Telefang guide doesn't. XD
Sanky, I rescanned the first few pages after breaking the spine to make it open all the way, so they should be a bit clearer now. ^^;

Sanky
Member Avatar
aaah Okay that's great! I'll rerip all the bugs near the center. And the new ones.
I'm seriously busy this and the next week, though, so it may be some time until I get to it... *sigh*

Here's how!

Sanky
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Here's your Grava, Andwhy. I'm working on more of them.
I'm sorry it's in PNG and therefor not transparent in IE. I'm saving the Denjuu rips in gif, but I have too much of the Bugs in png to restart with gif...

EDIT NEVERMIND I'M DONE WITH ALL OF THEM haha
http://sanky.master.sweb.cz/bugs/
I am aware of some of them missing. I'll try to find and fix them. Also, if some bugs have a wrong filename, please let me know too.

EDIT Now also on Wikifang!

Here's how!

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
FE mockup time! :D

Posted Image

Where are the bug names and guardian bug page descriptions located?
Edited by andwhyisit, Jun 28 2017, 06:57 AM.

Sanky
Member Avatar
You mean in the rom?
Bugs start at 10000 and are copied at 14000 (I belive one is for Alpha and one for Beta, though I didn't test that). Descriptions start around 652E0.

By the way, that looks REALLY cool.

Here's how!

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
You guys keep making me want to play these games, with all this awesome stuff T__T
Posted Image
Posted Image Avatar by Criminal Crow

andwhyisit
Member Avatar
Telefreak
Well if anyone wants to see how much I have done with this:
http://cavestory.org/guardian/fe/index.php

I finished the FE site. I temporarily stored it on the back of cavestory.org to show you guys.

Completing all of these sites is going to be hell. :(

RacieB
Jul 5 2009, 07:05 PM
You guys keep making me want to play these games, with all this awesome stuff T__T

You haven't played Bugsite before?!

Kimbles
Member Avatar
For the bright future!!
Jeez, that is incredibly stylish. :O Good work!

My one request is that you write the japanese normally rather than how it appears in the game, because having spaces in it like that makes it particularly annoying to read...XD For example, ク゛ラ-ハ゛to グラーバ...

Also, the makers at the bottom of the FE page currently read Stiso, Ruger, Tahiro, and Zasoku. ^^; They should be スティング, ルガー, タヒロ, and ジャンク...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bugsite · Next Topic »
Add Reply