Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
FailureBiWinning's Workshop; It's a thing... I guess?
Topic Started: Jul 17 2012, 06:02 AM (2,061 Views)
FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
The artist formerly known as Probotectorz
So... anyone who's been checking out my map rips thread in the hacking section will know that I've been tossing around the idea of making custom maps (and a few bugs). Well, I've finally made one. There's just one problem: pardon the dirty pun, but every single image host I've ever used has sucked more balls than a vacuum cleaner locked in room full of golfballs (Imgur having recently joined their ranks). That said, I'm going to have to resort to the "guerrilian" method I've been using for my rips: slapping my junk in an attachment and hoping someone doesn't mind having to download to view.

Now, where was I... oh yes, the maps. Well, I only have one for now (made it using pieces of the Sealand and Airland Safari Areas along with pallets taken from the game). I call it "Star World," and I took much of my inspiration from the secret area of the same name that appeared in Super Mario World (right down to the map's shape). I'll admit, it's not my best... I was being a tad hasty with it.

What do you guys think? Should I try my hand a making more?

Edit: Fixed typo in copyright text.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Bugsite_Star_World_Map.png (14.82 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Jul 17 2012, 06:46 AM.
Slowly getting back into the groove - feelin' a little less dull these days. Anywho...

Here's a link to my thread of sprites, maps... and hopefully 3D models; just dropping it here because that's what I've seen people do on other forums:
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/7216944/1/?x=90
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
YES, that is awesome and it looks like it fits the aesthetic perfectly!
Posted Image
Posted Image Avatar by Criminal Crow

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Thanks. I didn't put as much effort into it as I did my rips, but I'll still worked hard at it. =)

I've got another, but it isn't finished: this one began life as a Medabots-themed map (with a shape resembling the Medals used in the series), but I lost interest in finishing it... until I got back into playing Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, at which point I immediately began to model the map after one of the areas in the game; that area was the Sealed Grounds (which the map was named after). I tried to do something different with this one: as the spiral goes deeper and deeper into the center, it gets less and less detailed (assuming that's how depth perception works). I'm trying to find something to stick in the middle of the map (hence why I said it's unfinished).
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Bugsite_Sealed_Ground_Map_WIP.png (30.91 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Jul 17 2012, 06:46 AM.
Slowly getting back into the groove - feelin' a little less dull these days. Anywho...

Here's a link to my thread of sprites, maps... and hopefully 3D models; just dropping it here because that's what I've seen people do on other forums:

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
Ohhh, that palette is nice
Posted Image

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
As much as I'd love to take credit for the palette, I can't. Sealed Ground is just like Star World: the palette is taken from the game (in this case, shamelessly ripped from Stomy's Room). I wanted to match the color scheme used in the actual area.

I've got one more (last one for now, until I make another): I was on a Doom kick when I made this one. I wanted it to look like a bloody, deformed mess (and lazily recolored the coral from Sealand's Safari Area to look like dead trees); and named it after one of my favorite areas from Doom, the "Phobos Anomaly."

Edit: My girlfriend just finished sketching up some designs for her own bugs (something I haven't done yet) and she wants me to make sprites of them (they're not done yet). When I told her I'd be posting them here, hell immediately froze over and she permitted me to include the sketches as reference pictures with the sprites (normally she's so protective of her doodles and drawings, she starts hiding them the instant I mention sharing them on the web). I'll have them up here soon (been hitting quite a few snags with them... like figuring out how to make one of them look like a pair of eyes hot-glue-gunned together at the back-ends).

Edit2: I haven't finished my GF's bugs yet, but I have found the time to add a "JUMP!" Pad to the Phobos Anomaly map. This pad will serve as the sole means of accessing PA's sister map: Deimos Anomaly (also named after a Doom area). The DA map is largely empty save for a Jump Pad (which goes back to PA) and a building consisting of recolored Bug Shops stuck together. It's supposed to be a large building where experimental Bugs and "other mysterious things" are being worked on... I've been thinking about naming after another Doom level. "Hell Keep?" "Dis?" "Pandemonium?" The levels of Doom had such descriptive names...

Edit3: I've finished her bugs! RAR'd them because they belong to the same evolutionary line and the fact that I'm bundling them with her original sketches (which she permitted, and even suggested that I include "for completion's sake"). You'll notice that -contrary to typical Bugsite standards- none of them are named after computer terms. Suffice to say; she couldn't think of anything tech-related and made a bold leap to using biology-related terms (at least for the first bug). The bugs come in different style variations and use palettes taken from the game.

Edit4: SO. MANY. EDITS!!! Well, that was pointless... anyway, I finally found something to stick in the middle of my Sealed Ground map. Rather than replace the previous version of the PNG, I'll just attach it here (just in case anyone wants to try putting something else in the middle of the map; I'm open to suggestions, although I really like the edited Contra power-up I've stuck in there).

Edit5: REALLY trying to avoid double posting here... not that it matters; I'm starting to think that nobody around here has an issue with it. Anyway, I just finished designing my second homebrew bug (my first? He's still a work-in-progress, and I have quite a bit planned for him). His name is Legion (for he is many), because he's... well... a 2D polygon covered in an optical illusion (if you look hard enough, you should see many faces, hence his name). Note: When naming your own bugs, having experience with Biology and Demonology helps.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Bugsite_Phobos_Anomaly_Map.png (28.89 KB)
Attachments: Bugsite_Deimos_Anomaly_Map.png (32.43 KB)
Attachments: Twitchy_Green_Eyes_of_Death.rar (95.73 KB)
Attachments: Bugsite_Sealed_Ground_Map_WIP.png (31.32 KB)
Attachments: Bugsite_Gaiden_Bug__04___Legion.png (7.11 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Jul 21 2012, 06:09 AM.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Bumping this back from the grave due to me skirting the 200KB limit of the previous post... and because I decided to release the sprites of my first actual homebrew bug: Vortex! He began life as a crappy Spiral recolor (what I'm currently using for my avatar), but has since undergone a few changes that you'll see when you compare the sprites of both characters. He's still very much a work in progress, but he's still woth showing off in his current incarnation.

Some fast facts about Vortex:
1) When he learns a new move, it stays with him permanently and can't be overwritten by another new move... but this means that
2) He can't learn new moves after he's filled up his roster, but that shouldn't be a problem because
3) He'll always have learn the same moves in the same order.
4) Two of the moves he learns are based on weapons and abilities from other games (one from Thunder Force IV, the other from Contra Force. The TFIV weapon is depicted at the bottom of the spritesheet, and uses a palette from Telefang 1).
5) He also does not evolve, but... he does gain some special "bonuses" from reaching specific versions/levels.
6) Personality wise, he's a mixed bag... though my girlfriend likes to think of him as a bug version of the hacker from System Shock 1.

This -coupled with all the edits to the previous post- shows that I have way too much time on my hands, clearly... not a problem at all.
Also, I'm considering trying something in Dino Device 1 style; something like converting a monster from another game into the style... perhaps I'll try Melon Bread (favorite Treasure-game monster ever).
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Bugsite_Gaiden_Bug__00___Vortex.png (8.35 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Jul 23 2012, 07:23 AM.

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
Hmmmm, all of this is cool stuff =) I've considered doing fan Dinos for a while, my only problem is that a lot of the constellations I'd want to use don't have enough (if ANY) named stars so I dunno what I'd call the Elements. I may design them anyway and just name the Styles, dunno.
Posted Image

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Thanks (although Vortex still kinda looks like a crappy Spiral recolor).

I've started on Melon Bread; here's what I've got so far:
1a) I used his sprites from Alien Soldier as a base from which
1b) I've edited out the dithering to make it look smoother (DD1 doesn't use dithering to my knowledge)
2) I've combined the reshaded megadrive graphics with the colors from his Gunstar Super Heroes sprites (at least his eyes), and
3) Used some sprites from GSH to make up his teeth, eyes, and nose.

I know the edits are painfully simple, and it isn't in the actual DD1 style (or palette) yet; but I'm getting there.

You'll notice he's bigger than the Dinos. This is because he's supposed to be a boss-type monster that can't be caught (he's more of a traditional RPG monster than a monster-catching RPG monster). It kinda stems from an idea that Rachelle (my girlfriend) and I had: what if we combined the mon-catcher RPG with the standard RPG? You know... what if there were some monsters you couldn't catch along with the ones that you could? That -coupled with the fact that Melon Bread is awesome- is the primary reason behind making this (the other being because I wanted to get good at the style).

I would have done it from scratch, but scratch-made stuff is a little out of my league (I like having a base to work off of), so converting from one style to another shouldn't be too much of a problem... right?
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Melon_Bread_WIP.png (10.71 KB)

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
Ohhh hahaha, I remember Melon Bread now, what a weird friggin boss XD
Posted Image

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Melon Bread was the original "creepy and cute" monster; he was so adorable, you wanted to pet him; yet so ugly, he made babies cry!

On that note; I've updated Melon Bread a bit, namely:
1) I've reshaded the whites of the eyes
2) and the nose.

I used the back of Alchiba's head as a reference for shading round things... wait, Alchiba's head is basically it's body, so... was I staring at that thing's ass the entire time!? Um... yeah, ignore that last bit.

Edit: I've jumped to V3! This one has a new body palette taken straight from the game!

Edit2: I've leaped to V6! This one has way too many changes to list... but I'll list them anyway:
1) After studying the shading style a bit more, I've noticed that the dinos all have outlines that use the darkest shade of their main body color (Canopus uses a really dark shade of red, for example); I've applied this shading to everything except the main body
2) I've given the nose a new palette; it's the first time I've sampled colors from an overworld sprite instead of a battle sprite
3) The eyewhites and teeth have a new palette.

At this point, the only thing left to do is figure out how to go about reshading the main body... not exactly too thrilled about it...

Edit3: I've finally reached V7! This will be the last version; any changes made afterward will be listed as revisions. The change made here?
NEW BODY SHADING AND OUTLINING! It looks really odd when you zoom in on it but... you normally don't zoom in on the graphics when you're playing a game, and as long as it looks nice zoomed out, it should be fine... right?

Edit4: Four edits already? This is going to wind up becoming a wall of words like much of my other posts... anyway, FIRST REVISION! I've darkened the body palette by removing the brightest shade and recoloring the remaining palette using the previous darkest shade... er, you'll see what I mean when you look at the sprite timeline. Speaking of which; I've separated the development timeline from the sheet so that it'd look less cluttered (and left pieces of older version on the timeline in case people had need of them).

Also, I'm developing another homebrew bug (Rachelle's making a few of her own, but she hasn't shown me the designs or asked me to sprite anything yet); I call this bug "Jutte" after a weapon used by ninjas (real ones, not the westernized movie ones). I don't have a finalized design done yet (trying to focus on Melon Bread before anything else... so Jutte is going on my to-do list).

Edit5: This post is going to have seven edits done to it before the day's over with, isn't it... yeah. Anyway; no new edit for Melon Bread today, but I DO have something: the Candy Canopus! *wierd silence* What? Nothing? Not even crickets chirping? *crickets chirp* Much better. Anyhoo; Candy Canopus is just a purple recolor of regular Canopus, based on the one from the Dino-feeding Minigame. Why "candy?" Well, it's because of the unique Devices this Dino chooses to outfit itself with: They're all themed after candy (and drawn from scratch)! The Candy Devices can only be wielded by Candy Canopuses (Canopus-es? Canopuus? Canopi? Is there even a plural for this?) and, like the regular Canopus, Candy Canopus is the normal non-elemental type (the Devices are also no-element).

Edit6: JUTTE IS DONE! I figured it would be fitting to not only name him after a ninja weapon; but to make him look like one as well, and what better weapon to model him after than the one he's named after? Unfortunately, the real Jutte is not Bug-material... you just can't make it look like a living creature... so I went with the next best thing and made him into a Shuriken with an eye in the middle! I also used Jutte as a little reshading practice (Ergo: I took the shuriken star item from Telefang 1, gave it a new Bugsite palette, and reshaded it... well, attempted to reshade it; some parts of the original T1 shading still stick out, but I think it actually kinda works well with the monster).

In other news: Rachelle is putting her homebrew bugs on hold. Why? Because I finally got her a working copy of the PC version of Wolfenstein 3D (it seems she has an exquisite taste in classic FPS games, considering she's also played Ultimate Doom)! Giving it to her was the funny part in all this: when she saw what I had in my hands, she immediately snatched the game and ran upstairs screaming. She was already shooting Nazis by the time I got up to her room.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Dino_Device_1_Melon_Bread.png (8.37 KB)
Attachments: DD1_Melon_Bread_Timeline.png (31.5 KB)
Attachments: Candy_Canopus.png (19.87 KB)
Attachments: Bugsite_Gaiden_Bug__05___Jutte.png (6.26 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Jul 30 2012, 06:11 AM.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Double posting because I KNOW nobody wants to have to sift through a mountain of text, and I don't want to be responsible for making that mountain of text any larger than what it already is (besides; I need to bump this thread every-so-often or else it'll just sit here with no new content or major updates).

So, on to the updates: Melon Bread's sheet got a minor overhaul with added labels and it being divided into sections (Pieces, Sample Assembly, and Animations) I've pieced together many "example animations" that attempt to fit within the number of frames used by most Dinos in DD1. If my guess is correct, Dinos use: 4 frames for the idle animation, a single frame for attacking, and a single frame for being defeated or damaged. The only deviation from that on my sheet is that MB uses two separate frames for defeat and damage. His moveset is to be comprised of his attacks from all of his appearances:

1) Vomitting blue fire (like he does in Gunstar Super Heroes)
2) Spitting an explosive... uh, "thing," on you (like he did in Gunstar Heroes) and we can't forget his
3) Extend-O Nose attack (from Alien Soldier)!

The animations aren't exactly professional looking, and I know that not everyone will want to use them, so I'm leaving the parts on the sheet for people to make their own (along with sample assemblies to act as a guide).

My second update: Vortex got an upgrade and now sports more fingers on each hand. He also has a new attack graphic for one of his moves, and his sheet now has labels for the various things dotted here and there (like his bugshot- er, mugshot for example). His attack graphics are labeled with the name of the attacks being represented, with various "shortened" versions of the names off to the side. As of now; his designated moveset is:

1a) Claw: Functions like the standard claw attack used by most weak bugs in Bugsite. When versioned up to Ver. 99, you have the option of keeping it or enhancing it into...
1b) Dark Claw: Based on a weapon of the same name from an earlier prototype version of the original Doom, it functions in much the same way- saps health from the enemy. Health gained is based on the damage dealt to the target.
2) Blade Gun: Concept taken directly from Thunder Force IV; he fires a series of spinning blades at his target.
3) Rolling Attack Technique: Sonic Spin? Screw Attack? Neither! This move was ripped directly from Contra Force and functions almost identically- he does an energy-charged rolling-jump and lands on his target's head. The only difference is that this move actually does decent damage with one cost- the user doesn't become invulnerable when using it, which differs vastly with its original C Force counterpart.

I haven't decided on a fourth attack yet... in all likelihood, it'll be the only move on his roster that wasn't ripped from another game (but that in itself is unlikely).

(Looking back at the massive wall of edits on the previous post: I can safely say that this post is a "C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!")

(Hopefully my only) Edit: Oh, I almost forgot! While digging through my old junk, I found this custom Medabot that I made a long time ago... I never came up with a name for it.

(Okay, maybe that wasn't my only) Edit: I've started working on overworld sprites for Melon Bread; it's in pieces like the battle sprites. Also, I've started working on custom maps again... but this one isn't a Bugsite map (it's heavily inspired from one, though). It's a Site Gate-themed "Warp Lobby" for a mini-project I've recently started working on: it's called "DinOmega Device" (it's normally written with the actual Greek letter instead of the spelled out name; you'll see what I mean when you look at the file).

(Okay, this is definitely going to be the last) Edit: Added new overworld sprites for Melon Bread; he kinda makes me think of PacMan except... (wierd... wierder... wierder-er... wierdest... wierder-est? Whatever, he's) freaky-looking. He's also going to have a part in DinOmega Device... if I ever figure out how to program anything. As of now; DinOmega Device is like the Gundam-Probotector Blend-up that Rachelle and I were working on: It's just a concept that we build and store somewhere for later use. Same could be said of our "Vanilla Creme Project," except that one's a bit (read: a lot) more ambitious than what I'm working on, and it likely won't happen.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Dino_Device_1_Melon_Bread.png (45.28 KB)
Attachments: Bugsite_Gaiden_Bug__00___Vortex.png (13.79 KB)
Attachments: Custom_Medabot___Unnamed_Model_1.png (3.82 KB)
Attachments: DinOmega_Device_Warp_Lobby___Dark_Blue_WIP.png (45.72 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Aug 3 2012, 03:57 AM.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Shame on me for not updating this... triple post because the last two posts are several days old, and I'm obviously not getting anywhere anytime soon by editing an old post.

So... my college classes are going to start soon (this is my 3rd year), which means I'll end up with less time to update this (not that I've been updating this thread any... a tad irresponsible on my part).

Anyway, I've got one thing done today: more DinOmega Device maps. They're just Warp Lobbies; they still carry the Site Gate theme, right down to mimicking the color variations used in Bugsite. Admittedly, the edits are minor... I'm trying, though.

Update: Nothing new to add to this (rather old) post, but... my classes start tomorrow; a little earlier than I expected. That said, I'm definitely not going to have much time to finish anything I've been working on... I wouldn't expect anything new from me in quite a while.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DinOmega_Device_Warp_Lobbies_WIP.png (87.62 KB)
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Aug 20 2012, 10:00 AM.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Wow... 2012... it's been a long time since I've posted anything in this art thread... brings back a lot of memories and makes me kinda sad I just let it... die. I almost feel like I'm defiling a grave by drudging this thread back up, but as my girlfriend once said: "If I'm going to vandalize a tombstone, I'd rather it be my own."

Anyway, I've been working on stuff since the last time I was here - mostly making things out of map tiles and such ripped from Chrono Trigger and Golden Sun... also finally looked into signing up with an image hosting service, so I won't have to attach files directly through the forum anymore (no more 200KB limit - huzzah).

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is mostly a test to see if I can actually link to my imgur images correctly, so if the wrong things show up... whoops. Hopefully I'm using the IMG tags correctly.

Anyway, this map is based on something my girlfriend came up with - she calls it Whiteland. This is based on the third iteration of it to exist in her writings - allow me to describe it as she would:

>- Whiteland is named for its mostly white-colored landscape. The ground is covered in this snow all-year-round - to the point that the natives refer to the landscapes as "snowscapes" (which is the closest English approximation to what they call it in their native tongue).
>- The people of Whiteland have lived there for generations and have a natural affinity for the cold - they can even manage the subzero temperatures that the country drops to after nightfall.
>- Whitelanders are isolationists that don't take too kindly to outsiders - they value their culture to the point that they fear what may happen if they attempted to share it with the outside world, so they mostly keep to themselves.
>- Whitelanders are a very violent bunch - killing is treated as a spectator sport, and citizens gather from every end of the country into the large arena at the capital village to watch warriors brutally slaughter each other.
>- Beneath Whiteland lies one of the largest (and deepest) natural veins of titanium on planet Earth - Whitelanders mine this titanium for use in their tools, weapons, armor, and infrastructure.
>- Whiteland's government can best be summed up with the following: "Harsh Meritocracy first, Direct Democracy Second, and -if the people will it- Minarchist Republic third." There are no political parties in Whiteland, and the government is only allowed to do what the civilians require from it.
>- The Whitelandic alphabet has one letter for each letter in the English alphabet... along with four extra letters that make romanizing and translating text a complete nightmare for people who aren't extensively familiar with the language. Their alphabet draws many glyph designs from the Greek, Georgian, Glagolitic, Gothic, and Coptic alphabets.

Well, that's all for now - I hope those image links turn out correctly because I have absolutely NO idea what will happen once I click Post Reply...

P.S.: Just wanted to say that I had the Pepsiman theme playing in my head while I was typing all of this - not even joking. On another note, YES, the image links worked... but I wonder if they might be too large...?
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Apr 1 2017, 07:20 PM.

RacieB
Member Avatar
very good
That looks awesome! Also don't feel bad about hiatuses here, it's always a pretty slow-paced place to begin with =)
Posted Image

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Thanks - fun fact: the hardest part wasn't drawing the map itself; rather, it was coming up with the Whitelandic alphabet to use in the map labels... spent WEEKS doing research on the different alphabets listed. Let me tell you: coming up with new glyphs to use for your own made up alphabet without straight up ripping off someone else or reusing a glyph by rotating/flipping it is nigh impossible (even ancient civilizations couldn't avoid it)!

Here's the map without any labels:
Posted Image

And here's the alphabet chart we came up with (ignore the punctuation marks - they're preliminary):
Posted Image

You can tell from the chart that my "translation" job isn't 100% accurate because I used only English letters whereas the Whitelandic alphabet has letters that simply don't exist in English - and not all of the letters were used, but maybe if I ever do another map based on another version of Whiteland, I'll use those other letters.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Accessing the site via another browser - slowly moving all of my bookmarks from Waterfox (a Firefox derivative) to Brave... doing it manually because I've learned to not trust automated processes to do shit correctly.

Anyway - I've been fidgeting with this 3D posing program, XNA Posing Studio, or just XPS - decided to try and set up a scene.

Posted Image

"Today's a nice day to go check out the windmill- wait, is there something up there?"

Posted Image

"What the heck are you doing up there!?"

Posted Image

"How did you even GET up here anyway?"
Edited by FailureBiWinning, Apr 15 2017, 10:23 AM.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
I forgot I had one more image made - was gonna edit the previous post, but it's not part of that windmill set officially so...

Posted Image

"The redefines what it means to sleep in a flower bed, clearly."

Note: Posing long hair on a model is nightmarish, and doing this without having it clip through anything was an absolute bitch and a half to do.

ImportantNote: This model was initially made as a long overdue Valentines/Birthday/Christmas present for my girlfriend, and despite what it looks like, it's actually not finished - the body is 100% temporary and will be scrapped when a more suitable mesh can be produced. One of the toughest things about meshmodding is finding the right base to mod off of. The head and hands are from Melissa Bergman (from Metroid Other M), the hair is a mix between Kokoro's and Hitomi's (from Dead or Alive 5), the upper body is Honoka's (also from DoA5), and the lower body is from Elizabeth (from Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea expansion). I'm rather fond of the clothing and may attempt to retrofit it onto the new body once that's done, but the new body is expected to come with an entirely new set of clothes... I should also probably add that I more than likely won't be posting any images of the model with the new body here since the edits that are going to be made to it MIGHT be a tad... "NSFW" in nature. No nudity, but let's just say that when your girlfriend is a former fetish artist from dA and she wants it reflected in her 3D avatar... you get where this is going. Don't want to break any forum rules, y'know.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
Decided I'd take a jab at making MMBN maps using parts ripped from the games - this one's a mishmash of parts from BN1, 2, & 6! It's a random area on the web that has a nature-theme to it - a lot of the viruses encountered here are wood-element and use wood-based Battle Chips, so equipping armor to resist that while packing some fire-element Battle Chips would be wise. It's a good place to farm for Leaf Shields and Wood Towers!

Posted Image

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
I've been doing some stuff - namely, learning about the perspective used in the Boktai series. It's a thing called "Military Oblique," and Boktai is probably one of the only franchises of games to ever use it - it's very well-suited for a stealth game, but I wondered what other possibilities it had... so I'm attempting to convert some pieces from MegaMan Battle Network 6 from isometric to military oblique.

The left is the original, the right is my handiwork:
Posted Image

And this is my attempt at tiling them:
Posted Image

I think my "obliqued" version lacks SOME detail... but it's about as good as I can get it for right now, and the lack of detail doesn't make it THAT much of an eyesore. If all goes well, this will serve as the basis for future obliqued tiles I may or may not work on - and I might go back and recreate all of my isometric Battle Network maps in this style.

FailureBiWinning
Member Avatar
I finished up another thing that took way too long to finish - a map of C-Island made out of parts ripped from Chrono Trigger, Goof Troop, and some kind of Dragon Quest game (don't remember the exact title).

Comes in clean:
Posted Image

And labeled versions:
Posted Image

I'm probably not going to do something quite this large ever again - it took too long, and I'm not entirely sure I want to do maps of village or the caves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Other Games - Fan Works · Next Topic »
Add Reply