Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 Dojo. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Quote Post
Add Reply
  • Pages:
English Patch; Beta 3
Topic Started: Dec 22 2014, 04:30 PM (24,039 Views)
S.K. Stylez
Member Avatar
Administrator

3rd beta version. Patch over the original ROM, not over the 1st patch. Also make a BACKUP of your ORIGINAL ROM.. It's not fully translated yet, but the main body of the game has been.

Instructions:
To install the patch you'll need Ninja Patcher and obviously a copy of the original VPW2 ROM.
- Ninja Patcher
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/329/

How to apply the patch:

- Make a copy of the original ROM
- Launch ninja.exe
- Select the .rup patch file on the first screen that pops open.
- You will then be taken to this screen.
Posted Image

- Click "Browse files" (not folders) to select your ROM.
- Select your copy of the original ROM (this is the one that will become hacked)
- When selected click on 'Apply'

Now your ROM is hacked (note: you may get a framework error while executing the program, but if you click continue you should be able to proceed).
(Credit: WldFb)

For each release of the patch, you'll need to apply it to an unpatched ROM.

What's been translated so far:
- Menu Screens
- CAW Mode (99.9%)
- Wrestler Names and Organizations
- Royal Road Succession main screen
- Post match screen comments and move translation under the timer
- Mic Appeals

What's left:
- Help Screens
- Rest of Royal Road Succession mode
- Credits
- Some other things I cant think of right now

Changelog:
Beta 3:
- Mic Appeals translated
- Post Match text translated
- Unlockables translated
- Main Menu and Exhibition Help screens translated
- Renamed a few moves (Mostly specials for the Japanese Wrestlers)
- Shoot Wrestling now appears instead of Martial Arts in Match Format

Beta 2:
- Changed the names of the hair options as it was wasn't displaying how they should have been in the Masks section.
- Renamed taunts and moves
- Hidden moves highlighted in different colours. Hidden WCW moves in yellow, Hidden WWF moves in red and other hidden moves in green
- Moves under the timer on the results screen have been translated
- Default colours of attires and masks in edit mode have been changed so they're more accurate (Not on the wrestlers themselves)

Bugs:
- 1st stable (All Japan 1) text will change on restart when you edit a wrestler.

Obviously it won't be perfect, but let me know of any bugs or mistranslations and I'll make the changes and incorporate them into the next patch. Please take a screenshot of the issue.

I've tested the patch and I can confirm that it works on PJ64 v2.1, v1.7 and Nemu. I wasn't able to get it working on PJ64 v1.6.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Downloads:
Current Version: Beta 3
[Hidden Content: Login/Register to View]

Previous Versions:
Beta 2 - [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View]
Beta 1 - [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View]

Enjoy the patch guys, and hopefully we should be able to see some saves being made for VPW2. Oh, and I'm also going to try and edit the appearances of the unlicensed guys...somehow...but that'll be once the patch is completed.

:)

Credits:
- Zoinkity
- smartspark
- IceMaster
- Snesmaster40
- rjtiger
- AJ187
- WldFb
- AKI
- Everyone else that I left out
Edited by S.K. Stylez, Jan 30 2015, 11:27 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rain
Member Avatar
"I put the A in AKI."

Just wanted to show some respect for such an amazing patch have said thanks before but can't stress enough my gratitude.

S.K. Stylez
Member Avatar
Administrator

Thanks. I'm hoping to get some more work done on it soon. I'm just waiting for smartspark to get back to me with some more translations.
A couple of preview shots of the post match screen. There's some minor issues with long text as you can see in the first shot. It slightly overlaps the wrestler's name.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Added a link for an .ips version of the patch. Someone on reddit requested it so they can apply it using a MAC.
Edited by S.K. Stylez, Jan 10 2015, 11:03 PM.

Rain
Member Avatar
"I put the A in AKI."

Also should add it works on ever drive 64 V2 although I have not been able to test saving money to get an ever drive.That's awesome it works for Mac too next up droid and ios shouldn't be long.

S.K. Stylez
Member Avatar
Administrator

From now on, I'll only be posting updates on here.
With some more excellent translations from smartspark, some of the help screens have been translated. The RRS has some text that goes over, as you can see. It's tough due to the amount of space that you're given.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Beta 3 released. Check first post.
Edited by S.K. Stylez, Jan 17 2015, 11:33 PM.

ovalbugmann
No Avatar
Jobber
[ * ]
thanks

Silk Chogan
No Avatar
Jobber
[ * ]
Thanks very much and great job! I had no idea you get post match comments.

Smeltzer
No Avatar
Jobber
[ * ]
This is great! Quick question, how do you use the *.rup file type on the EVerdrive 64?

S.K. Stylez
Member Avatar
Administrator

You need to patch the ROM first then use the patched ROM like normal with Everdrive.

Smeltzer
No Avatar
Jobber
[ * ]
I must be confused because I cannot get this game to patch. It gives me an error like the one below.

Posted Image

The VPW2 rom I have is a real rom. It works just fine. I have the .rup file that was made available above. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tools and Patches · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

edge created by tiptopolive of ifsz