|Welcome to Coffeetalk. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Sayings; (or sigs)|
|Topic Started: Apr 19 2006, 12:36 AM (277 Views)|
|Silk||Apr 19 2006, 12:36 AM Post #1|
I'm one of the poor devils who Moderate the Slush Pile on the Darwin Awards website.
The Slush Pile is where all new stories go and a group of Moderators decide whether they're good enough to make it through. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone in the public sees the same story about the same time and they ALL submit it. (Reading the same story 100 times is NOT fun.) Others send in stories that don't even relate to the site and yet more flame us.
A while ago, one of the Moderators emailed us all a copy of the following. I just thought you might find it amusing. We certainly did.
Note: A variation of No. 5 is my current sig on this forum.
Things You'd Love to Say to Submitters, but can't:-
1. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.
2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to
3. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
4. We're really easy to get along with, once you people learn to read
5. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
6. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.
7. Ahhh... I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again...
8. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
9. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
10. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
11. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point
12. What are we? Flypaper for freaks?!?
13. Moderating is a thankless job, but I have a lot of Karma to burn
14. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
15. Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
|"We'll try being kinder if you'll try being smarter"|
|Bex||Apr 19 2006, 01:52 AM Post #2|
|Ah, a classic.|
I belong to one of those families that does not speak to or see its members as often as we should, |
but if someone needed anyone to fall on a sword for her, there would be a queue waiting to commit the deed.
-Min Jin Lee
|LizDiggory||Apr 26 2006, 05:19 PM Post #3|
A favorite of mine that I saw on a T-shirt once.
"Tact is for people too stupid to understand sarcasm."
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Archive #01 · Next Topic »|