Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
This Moment...
Topic Started: Dec 29 2016, 12:10 PM (27 Views)
Kage
The Incomparable
Manhattan, NYC
December 23rd 2016
2:46 pm

(The scene fades in. The cold air is biting but stale as we sit on a subway platform under the busy streets of New York City. The A and B train signs can be seen floating over our heads as men and women begin to file in and out of adjacent trains which appear to have just arrived. Among the mass amounts of humanity we find a couple that needs little introduction, especially given the year they’ve each had. 'The Incomparable’ Chris Kage and his always lovely other half Stacy Vandervort are standing near the back of the platform free from the chaos of the commuting masses. Kage is wearing his usual leather jacket with a hoody underneath, blue jeans, and work boots, while Stacy is sporting a long black peacoat, with tight black jeans, and high tied boots, her golden locks hidden under a black winter cap. At the moment Kage appears to be puffing on a cigarette, however the smell leads us to believe it could be something else altogether. We move in a bit closer to catch up with our favorite EWA couple.)

Stacy Vandervort: I'm telling you, I don't think you're supposed to be smoking down here. Someone is going to say something.

Chris Kage: Relax babe, this is NYC, we’re surrounded by meth heads, coke addicts, and perpetual drunks, not that I'm judging the latter, I'm borderline. But trust me, they aren't looking to bother me. I'm medicating anyways, ain't nobody gonna slow me down, oh no, ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride, I'm running and I won't touch ground, Oh no, I got to keep on movin.

Stacy Vandervort: You're ridiculous. Matthew Wilder, really?

Chris Kage: I can't help it, it was jamming on my Pandora this morning while I was in the shower.

Stacy Vandervort: I feel like we’ve been waiting on this fucking train for an hour, what the hell is taking so long? I hate being stuck down here with all these freaks.

Chris Kage: It’s been like ten minutes, Stace. I'm sure it will be here any minute. You need to chill out.

Stacy Vandervort: It's a little difficult to be chill about anything these days, Chris. I have a psycho stalking me, not to mention Sahara and her bullshit, and now Tanya Black has become another giant cunt I have to deal with. It's like every able bodied female on their rag all showed up at the EWA on the same day and I'm the one who has to deal with em.

Chris Kage: Damn babe, that tongue of yours is getting hot as a black iron. I've really been rubbing off on you haven't I? I kinda like it. I kinda like it a lot.

Stacy Vandervort: Ha, well I'm glad someone is enjoying my misery. I can't sleep, I haven't eaten a real meal in over a month, and I feel like shit. I just...I'm losing it, Chris. I'm scared, I feel like Calder is slowly starting to burrow into my subconscious, and I can't hold together anymore.

Chris Kage: That's bullshit Stace, don't let that Bates Motel reject get to you. He is just playing games, he can't touch you, I'm here, I'm not going to let it happen.

Stacy Vandervort: You're not always here, Chris. Not always.

Chris Kage: Listen to me, Stace. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Especially when it comes to that fucking piece of shit. You know what, I need to do something. I was going to wait till later, for the when the time was right. But I feel like you need a pick me up, and this might be a better time than any. You know how much I love you, and you know how much you have meant to me these last few months. So I just want to show you exactly how much

[/B](Kage discards his cigarette and drops to a knee in front of Stacy.)[/b]

Stacy Vandervort: Chris, Oh my god, are you serious?!

Chris Kage: Stacy, my love...Would you please make me the happiest man in the world and…

Stacy Vandervort: Yes, Chris, Yes…

Chris Kage: ...Let me make sure you get these boots tied nice and tight, it's gonna be slippery when we get back to the street level, and I don't want you falling.

(Kage reaches out towards Stacy’s boots, who quickly gives him a kick in the chest.)

Stacy Vandervort: You fucking asshole! Are you fucking kidding me with this shit!

(Kage hops back up to his feet, laughing all the while and tries to give Stacy a hug, who reluctantly pushes him away.)

Stacy Vandervort: You are such a dick. I'm having a nervous fucking breakdown and you think fucking with me is the answer. Ugh..

Chris Kage: Come on, Stace, I'm just trying to lighten the mood a little bit. We came to the city to have a little fun and get away from all the bullshit back home. Let's try and enjoy ourselves, this is our nine month anniversary after all.

Stacy Vandervort: The fact that you know that this is our anniversary is shocking to me. But you're right, and I know, we’re here to have a good time and get our minds off of everything. I just wish it was that easy. I sometimes worry that I could end up like Maggie, that I could actually let that freak in. It just...scares me so much. But I also know that…oh my god, Chris, there he is. It's fucking him!! He found me!!!

(The blonde bombshell’s eyes widen, and fear begins to bleed through them as she stares straight passed Kage towards the train platform. The former champ quickly swings around moving Stacy behind him.)

Chris Kage: Where?! Where the fuck is he?! He is a deadman.

(Stacy points towards a man leaning up against a route line map about twenty feet from where they stand. He has a dark hooded sweatshirt on with the hood up and his head down.)

Chris Kage: You're fucking dead!

(Kage rushes over grabbing the mystery stranger by the neck and slamming him up against the freestanding map, which shakes so hard pieces of plastic break off and scatter over the cold cement floor. As the stranger's head makes impact his hood falls down revealing a young college aged male, his eyes in obvious shock as the three time champion begins to squeeze the air out of him. Kage quickly realizing that the individual is nothing more than a poorly dressed millennial, and not the The Stranger he originally pegged him to be, he releases the young man and sets him back on the ground. The man needing no further explanation scurries away as Kage makes his way back over to Stacy, who has her face in her hands and appears to crying.)

Chris Kage: Babe, babe...It's ok. It's ok. It wasn't him, it was just some fucking idiot. You're ok, I got you. Come on, let's head back up top, we don't need to take the train, let's just grab a cab. Come on, let's go.

(Kage leads the weeping beauty back towards the stairwell and they both make their way up the stairs and out of sight as the scene fades out.)

(The scene fades back in. We find a familiar setting, one which has made its hay during the holidays as the stock footage of choice for most programming directors. It’s Rockefeller Center, the large ice rink and enormous decorated evergreen tree stand before us in all their overly exaggerated holiday glory. Once again we focus in on our favorite EWA couple Stacy Vandervort and Chris Kage, who are standing together looking down on the majestic Christmas scene that is Rock Center. They're both still decked out in their same gear, and Stacy appears to be in better spirits than when we last left her. We close in for a better look.)

Stacy Vandervort: Isn't it beautiful here. It just always gets me in the Christmas spirit coming down here and seeing all the lights and hearing all the holiday music.

Chris Kage: Yea nothing screams Christmas like a giant pine tree tree and a bunch of commercialized bullshit being stuffed down your throat.

Stacy Vandervort: Well aren't you just full of holiday joy.

Chris Kage: I never really enjoyed this time of year to be honest, it's just an excuse for people to pretend they care about one another. When in reality the only thing they really care about is what kind of glutinous shit they'll receive in return. It is what it is, but it's not for me.

Stacy Vandervort: Oh... Well.

(A defeated and sadden look begins to form on the face of the EWA Executive Assistant.)

Chris Kage: But listen, Stacy, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy this moment, being here, with you. Because I do, I've spent my whole life pushing people away, trying to take on the world by myself, trying to prove that I didn't need anything more than what I made for myself to be happy. Even The Youth at times has felt like nothing more than a necessity to me, a way of getting ahead, nothing more really. That is... until I met you. Now, I'm not about to get all fucking pussy whipped here and start crying like fucking scarf wearing faggot, but the truth is you've changed me...for the better. You've made me feel like I can trust again, you've made me believe in a life after this shit. You've made me happy. I love you, Stace, and I want to give you something.

(Kage reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small black box.)

Stacy Vandervort: Please, Chris, not again. I can't take another practical joke.

Chris Kage: Not this time, Stace, not this time.

(Kage hands the box over to Stacy, she takes it and opens it. As the box opens, her eyes widen and a look of joy begins to come over her. She pulls out a diamond pendant from the box. Kage takes the necklace from her and begins to put it around her neck.)

Stacy Vandervort: Oh my god, Chris, it's beautiful. I...I don't know what to say.

Chris Kage: You don't need to say anything. This used to belong to my mother. She wore it everyday, she never took it off. My father gave it to her when they were young, before they ever married. She took it off right before she died and gave it to me. She told me to give it to someone special, someone that truly made me happy. At the time the idea seemed like nothing more than a fairy tale of a old woman on her deathbed. But now...now I know what she meant, and what she wanted for me. And that's you...She wanted me to find you, Stace.

(Without another word Stacy grabs Kage by the neck and pulls him in close, the two share in a passionate embrace. Kage pulls away slightly and looks directly into Stacy’s eyes.)

Chris Kage: I'm never gonna be the type to buy ya roses or take ya out for some kinda five star dinner or any of that shit. But I can promise you this much, while there is still a breath in my body and blood pumping through my veins, I will not let anything happen to you. You are all that matters to me, and I will die protecting you. And when you feel scared or alone, just look down at this pendant, and remember...I'm always going to be here for you. No matter what.

(The two embrace again as the scene fades out.)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Warrior's Den · Next Topic »
Add Reply