|OFFICIAL `H`OGWARTS RULES|
Note that all sanctions include a raise in warning level by 10% and the removal of offending post(s). All listed sanctions are minimal punishments and can be raised based on severity. The following rules affect the entire roleplay - not just the forums.
1. Double Posting
- You are not to post two or more consecutive posts in any section of the forum. If you want to bump a thread in which you were the last poster, you must wait 48 hours. Posting more than twice, or bumping before 48 hours will be considered spam and you shall be warned accordingly.
Sanction: Warning; Removal of Posting Rights for 6 hours if continual
2. Bullying / Discrimination
- Members of `H`ogwarts come from various backgrounds, so you are expected to respect your fellow members in terms of, but not limited to, gender, skin color, sexuality, country of origin or religion. Derogatory names are not to be used whatsoever. Bullying and defaming another member also falls under this category.
Sanction: 2 Day Ban; 7 Day Ban if repeated
3. Pornography and Obscene/Graphic Images
- Pornographic or obscene images are strictly forbidden and are not to be posted or shared by any means.
Sanction: 7 Day Ban; Permanent Ban if repeated
4. Excessive Swearing
- Curse words are not to be used excessively nor are they to be directed to any member.
Sanction: Removal of Posting Rights for 12 hours; double if repeated
- The revival of topics that haven't been posted in for a maximum of six months is allowed, if the revival can be seen to benefit or directly relate to the topic at hand. The revival of old topics for the sake of reviving them will result in moderators locking those topics. Repeatedly reviving old topics for no reason will result in a sanction. Pinned topics are exempt from this rule.
Sanction: Warning; Removal of Posting Rights for 6 hours if continual
- Leaking, or the distribution of any information inside the Mod/SS Dens or the bathrooms is strictly prohibited and will result in the appropriate punishment. Upon discovery of the leak, your access to the Den/Bathroom will also be revoked/removed. This offense will be taken very seriously, and as such will have harsher punishments than the rest of the offenses above.
Sanction: 5 Day Ban; Month/Perm if repeated.
- Pictures are not to include people under the age of 13. Images are to be resized so that they do not stretch the overall dimensions of the board. Claiming that a picture is of you when it is not is considered "faking" and is punishable.
Sanction: Warning; Removal of Picture(s). 1 Day Ban if faking
8. Ban/Mod Watch Evasion
- The evasion of a forum punishment by use of another account (be it yours or someone else's) or any other means will result in a punishment for everyone involved, including an extension on the main account's punishment.
Sanction: 10 Day Ban Increase on Main Account (Double for each offense); 5 Day Ban on other user's account(s); Permanent Ban on Spare Account(s). Permanent Ban if repeated or if evading a ban given for a serious issue
9. Plagiarism & Copyright Infringement
- Posting content that is not yours is considered plagiarism if you do not have permission from the original creator of the content and do not cite the source(s) used.
Sanction: 10 Day Ban; 1 Month Ban if repeated; Permanent Ban if continued
10. Illegal Programs/Files
- Posting or sharing through other means any illegal programs or files that could potentially harm another user's computer is strictly prohibited. These programs include, but are not limited to, Habbo R-words, Free Habbo Coin sites, or pirating/torrenting programs.
Sanction: 5 Day Ban
11. Advertising Harmful Products
- Safety is a huge priority in this forum. Thus, members who advertise harmful products including, but not limited to, medicines and drugs will be punished accordingly.
Sanction: 3 Day Ban; 7 Day Ban if continued
12. Personal Information
- Giving out someone's personal information for malicious intent is forbidden. You are also not to give out your own personal information through the forums, but through other means such as MSN, Skype or Facebook.
Sanction: 7 Day Ban; 1 Month Ban if repeated
- The spamming or trolling of any thread is forbidden. Posting 'troll' responses such as "u mad?" or posting something unrelated to the topic is considered spam. Remember that trolling is subject to the Moderator's interpretation.
Sanction: Removal of Posting Rights for 24 hours; 2 Day Ban if repeated
14. Direct Attacks
- Posting something for the pure purpose of putting someone else down is considered a direct attack. Just because a post doesn't include someone's name does not mean it isn't direct. If you have a problem with someone, it isn't for the whole forum to see, so don't post it. Send a civilized PM if you must.
Sanction: Removal of Posting Rights for 24 hours
15. Excessive Rudeness
- Posting something that either borderlines on a direct attack or is considered to be excessively vulgar, shrewd, or downright insensitive falls under the excessive rudeness category. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated, and punishments will be delivered as seen appropriate. Lying with malicious intent is also sanctioned under this category.
Sanction: Removal of Posting Rights for 24 hours; 1 Day Ban if repeated
16. Spare Accounts
- You may only have one forum account at any given time. If you are found to have more than one account, the side account(s) will be deleted. If these accounts were used for any form of faking, greater punishment will follow.
Sanction: Deletion of Spare Account(s); 3 Day Ban if used to fake
- You may include music or other appropriate audio in your topics, however using the autoplay feature is not permitted. The dimensions of the music bar should be large enough to include the Play / Pause button as well. To make sure autoplay is not enabled, be sure that the URL does not include "autoplay" in it.
Sanction: Warning; Removal of Audio; Removal of Posting Rights for 6 hours if repeated
18. Abuse of Rights
- Continuously abusing your rights in any `H`ogwarts room will result in punishment. Abusing given Moderator privileges in any part of these forums is included in this rule. Moderator privileges are not meant to include the ability to warn members or see IP addresses. These abilities are only given to single-forum Moderators accidentally, and you should notify an Administrator if this happens. By using these abilities, your punishment will greatly increase.
Sanction: Removal of Rights; 2 Day Ban
- Displaying or otherwise posting links to a Tumblr blog or page is prohibited from these forums. Do not display/post them in your signature, member title, or anywhere on your member profile. Some Tumblr blogs are dedicated to gore and nudity which are not allowed on the forums (See rule three). Image URLs, however, are allowed for use in biographies, signatures, avatars, and regular posts, as long as they don't break the other forum rules.
Sanction: Warning & link removal; Removal of Posting Rights for 6 hours if repeated.
The percentage below your avatar is your warning level. Each time you receive a ban or other punishment, it goes up by 10%. Only you, Global Moderators and Administrators are able to view your warning level.
An appeal may only be requested if your ban is greater than or equal to a month. Any appeals below a month's time will not be accepted. You may contact a Senior Staff member or a Global Moderator and display accurate evidence as to what you have done to improve yourself after the ban.. Any and all attempts to continue hassling a mod before/during/after your appeal's verdict may result in your loss to appeal and/or a longer ban time. Also take note that if your appeal happens to fail, a mandatory wait time of one month is issued before another appeal can be made. If you are banned indefinitely, you must serve three months of your ban until an appeal can be made.
Last Updated: May 10th, 2013