Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!

If you are registering with a Hotmail account, be sure to check for our authorisation email in your Junk folder, as that it likely where it will end up.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another Banning!
Topic Started: Wednesday Aug 24 2011, 12:56 PM (235 Views)
King Hiss
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
As the Federal Government prepares legislation to introduce an R18+ games classification in Australia, Sega’s zombie shooting game The House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut has been refused classification.

The House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut is a PlayStation 3 game that uses the PlayStation Move controller, and had been scheduled for release in Australia on October 27.

Sega Australia says it is “determined to appeal the decision immediately and hope to have the classification overturned without making any changes or amends to the final game”.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Sega Australia Managing Director Darren Macbeth says he believes the Classification Board's decision to refuse classification is indicative of the current inconsistencies of the game classification system in Australia.

"There are far worse titles currently available in the marketplace which involve more than shooting down mutants in humorous circumstances,” Mr Macbeth says.

“We will do everything we can to prove that House of the Dead: Overkill is worthy of an MA15+ rating in Australia."

Until an R18+ classification is introduced in Australia, games the Classification Board determines that exceed the limits of the MA15+ rating are refused classification and effectively banned for sale.

Earlier this month, classification ministers from all jurisdictions finally achieved consensus to support an adults-only games rating.

The Federal Government is now preparing legislation to introduce the new classification.

The Australian games industry has been campaigning for many years for the introduction of an R18+ rating in line with other countries and other media.



What could they have possibly added to make this version get banned? It's zombie shooting with a hell of alot of cheese, as all the HOTD games are. Someone in the classifactions board woke up with a stick up their arse, clearly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pretty Serious Cosmetics - Help support my habit
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheInfiltraitor
Member Avatar
OSG Ambassador of Awesome
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I heard that there are 2 more f-bombs in this version and that makes baby jesus cry
Posted Image
In the kegs: Brownish Bomber - Weizen - Kolsch - Designated Drinker - Balding Sultan
Bottles:Awaiting Dark - Balding Sultan - Designated Drinker - Brownish Bomber - Mead
In the fermenter:Crab Juice
Planned:Amber Ale - Barley Wine - Saison - Berlinner Weiss
The Berkshire Hunt Brewing Co.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Master Hitaza
Member Avatar
Unheiliger Krieger
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought r-18 was coming anyways! this sucks even though I wouldn't of ever bought it. It's just wrong!
Wir tun nur, was Wir nur tun können
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
felicitous blue
Member Avatar
custom title get!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Damn, I thought hiss meant he'd banned another member. I was in like a french revolutionist at an execution.

Anyhow, HOTD - stupid, how different is it from the not-banned Wii version?
yo listen up here's a story
about a little guy that lives in a blue world
and all day and all night and everything he sees
is just blue like him inside and outside
blue his house with a blue little window
and a blue corvette
and everything is blue for him and hisself
and everybody around
cos he ain't got nobody to listen to

i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MarcusAurelius6
Member Avatar
Martha the Mod
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Appeal successfull!! :)

Quote:
 
SEGA sends word that their previously refused classification motion-controlled rail-shooter House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut has now been flagged with a retail-friendly MA15+ rating after successfully navigating the appeals process with the Australian Classification Board.

Quote:
 
"It is with great pleasure that we announce the success of our appeal. We are proud to confirm that the game will be released in Australia in its original entirety, with no content altered or removed in any way. We were confident of successfully appealing the Board's original decision to refuse classification and appreciate that the Classification Review Board has made a decision that complies with the current guidelines and framework." says Darren Macbeth, Managing Director SEGA Australia.


Extended Cut will now head to Australian shelves on October 27th 2011, exclusively for PlayStation 3.
can you read this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
« Previous Topic · General Gaming Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply


Help us get rid of ads and buy cool features!