Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Uf2018 I Am Going
Topic Started: May 27 2017, 10:26 PM (378 Views)
imdorman
GROOVER
[ * ]
:D I'll be there!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RoryC
GROOVER
[ * ]
Planning on it, with a buddy, will be driving from KY.

Brooksie
GROOVER
[ * ]
Yep, so happy to be doing this one last time :D Leaving from Helotes and Lubbock, TX :D

PecosParachutePacker
Member Avatar
GROOVER
[ * ]
Looks like the whole cell block will possibly be out for a 3-day parole here just in time to wash up and catch the '59 Cadillac Deville limo for the ride out to Rattlesnake Bomber Base (Pecos Parachute 'Drop Zone') on 7/19 and then down to Lajitas to dig up that last bottle of DOM on 7/20. Appears there may be 6 and up to 8 escapees from Waco, and we'll try to bring a bunch of extra clothes in case any large signage work detail is required on the taxiway to send a message to the pilot / designated jumper.
Definitely on our list of the 'greatest movies', and we wouldn't miss the LFR unless there was a problem getting these ankle monitors off somehow ... Were not aware until after the fact regarding the previous reunions.
Question of the Day: Although familiar with the Lajitas area and the 'Big Hill' along FM 170 (one of the most scenic roads in the U.S.), the 'DOM' site appears to have available parking only in the 'Roadside Teepee' picnic area at the eastern base of the Big Hill. Can we park everyone in that limited spot, or are the road shoulders large enough to get us off the highway ?

fandangojeff
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ * ]
There is plenty of room on the shoulders......Good behavior may help with a weekend pass for the "captives".......or...I could provide a reference....Truman will do it.

Jerry
GROOVER
[ * ]
We are planning on making it there in 2018. This brings back memories from 2007 and 2010. I'm not sure how many will be with me this time but count on 2 or 3.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ultimate Fandango · Next Topic »
Add Reply